[mythtv-users] VBIThread errors

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Apr 13 16:48:14 UTC 2013

10:34 PM, "Rich West" <Rich.West at wesmo.com [1]> wrote:

> > Just to
close the loop on this one...

> > I think I narrowed this down to a
problem with the 3.8.8 kernel and its
> > respective drivers. I was
getting a slew of weird issues like this,
> > including odd VIA network
errors, that all added up to something really
> > being out of whack.
Since I moved from a very stable F16 setup to an
> > unstable F18
configuration, I figured I would install the F16 3.6.x kernel
> > on my
F18 box.

> > I yum installed the F16 kernel from my local repo
mirror, rebooted, and the
> > system *appears* be functioning like it
should. I've got my fingers
> > crossed, but I think I am good since it
would normally have completely
> > spiraled downwards by now.

-Rich

> > On 4/12/2013 6:02 PM, Rich West wrote:
> > > Now that I
have the permission issues with my backend squared away, I'm

seeing my backend get in to a downward spiral with the log server
going
> > > crazy with the following errors. The only way to recover is
to reboot. :(

> > > WAF factor is pretty low, so I am trying to
get this back to where it
> > > was. I'm nearly at a point of completely
re-installing the system..

> > > Any ideas?
> > > -Rich
> > >

> > > 2013-04-12 14:52:51.203328 E [1566/2218] VBIThread
v4lrecorder.cpp:331
> > > (RunVBIDevice) - V4LRec(3:/dev/video0):
Reading VBI data
> > > eno: Device or resource busy (16)

> Which
tuner card do you have?

> Devin

Well, I spoke to soon. The system
took a complete crap over night. I've got 3 PVR-150's and 1 dual-tuner
HD Homerun.

This issues is, I believe, a red herring masking a
different problem.

-Rich

Links:
------