[mythtv-users] channel changes via script suddenly stopped working--diagnose help

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Sat Apr 13 15:27:57 UTC 2013

On 4/13/2013 11:25 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 04/13/2013 10:08 AM, Larry Roberts wrote:
>> So about a week or so ago my recordings all started occurring on the
>> same channel regardless of what channel they should have been
>> recorded on.
>> I have been using an IRBlaster along with a channel changing script
>> successfully for well over a year and then out of the blue with no known
>> changes this started.
>>
>> I have went into mythtv-setup and verified that the script is still
>> referenced and the default channel is still there.
>>
>> I have also ran a check against the databases to verify no corruption
>> there as well.
>>
>> I can manually run the cc.sh script just fine and it will tune the
>> output but for some reason mythtv is just not using the script now.
>>
>> I really have no idea how to diagnose what is going on in mythtv and
>> the script.
>
> Hi;
>
> On your running backend, type: mythbackend --setverbose system
>
> Then tailf your backend log and schedule a recording.
>
> You should see the cc.sh command as it's executed. Use --setverbose
> general to restore normal logging.

Great minds think alike :)  I found a post with a similar problem. Here
is the output

2013-04-13 11:22:14.050929 I [1795/1910] TVRecEvent system-unix.cpp:868
(Fork) - Managed child (PID: 2481) has started! *&
command=/usr/local/bin/cc.sh 18, timeout=0

SO I see that it has attempted to change the channel but for some reason
its not happening.  I know the script works as I can run it manually
just fine and it will tune.

Do you happen to know what the timeout=0 value implies?