[mythtv-users] Increased errors when moving to 0.26

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Apr 12 17:13:14 UTC 2013

On 12/04/13 17:45, Rich West wrote:
> This past weekend I finally bit the bullet and moved from 0.25 to 0.26.
> As simple as that sounds, it wasn't. :(  I had to upgrade from Fedora 16
> to Fedora 18 on all of my frontends as well as my backend since I try to
> keep up with the RPM distribution, and, in the process, I was replacing
> my frontend hardware (machine and universal remotes).
>
> Anyhow, the OS upgrade went pretty well (that was a shock), and, after a
> few hiccups with the mythbackend, things have stabilized out and the WAF
> has been steadily coming back.
>
> Since the upgrade, I have been cleaning up missing recordings and stuff
> out of the database (had a drive failure back in January which resulted
> in a lot of lost recordings) to make sure it is clean.  Yesterday, I was
> positive I had cleaned out all of the remaining stuff.
>
> Since I monitor this system via Cacti for system stats as well as mythtv
> stats, I noticed a steady increase in the number of errors it is
> reporting despite all of the old entries pointing to non-existant files
> being purged.  In looking at the backend logs, I'm seeing:
>
> 2013-04-12 10:00:27.377894 E [18735/21090] Commflag_118942
> programinfo.cpp:2284 (GetPlaybackURL) -
> ProgramInfo(1292_20130412140000.mpg): GetPlaybackURL:
> '1292_20130412140000.mpg' should be local, but it can not be found.
>
> Since 7am yesterday, there are 456 unique instances of those errors in
> my backend log. And those recordings are current (judging by the
> filename ####_YYYYMMDD######.mpg).. so why would they disappear?  I
> checked on my two volumes (I have two separate 500GB disks in a storage
> group) and those files don't exist.
>
> I'm not sure where else to look for narrowing down this particular
> problem. Thoughts?
>
> -Rich
>
> Some stats, if they are helpful to anyone:
> Mythtv 0.26
> 3 PVR150's via S-video to DirectTV SD boxes with USB connections to
> change channels
> 1 dual-tuner HD Homerun
> Dual-core AMD64 X2 4000+
> 2GB ram
> 2 500GB drives in default storage group
> 2 200GB drives in a mirrored root pair
> mysql database is local
> CPU utilization is low (benefit of the tuners)

I suspect this is to do with the change to UTC. Try looking for filenames on
your disk which are however many hours away your timezone is from the filename.

I thought the database upgrade from 0.25 to 0.26 would have fixed this, but
perhaps there are corner cases relating to your previous problems.

--

Mike Perkins