[mythtv-users] Increased errors when moving to 0.26

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Fri Apr 12 16:45:15 UTC 2013

This past weekend I finally bit the bullet and moved from 0.25 to 0.26.
As simple as that sounds, it wasn't. :(  I had to upgrade from Fedora 16
to Fedora 18 on all of my frontends as well as my backend since I try to
keep up with the RPM distribution, and, in the process, I was replacing
my frontend hardware (machine and universal remotes).

Anyhow, the OS upgrade went pretty well (that was a shock), and, after a
few hiccups with the mythbackend, things have stabilized out and the WAF
has been steadily coming back.

Since the upgrade, I have been cleaning up missing recordings and stuff
out of the database (had a drive failure back in January which resulted
in a lot of lost recordings) to make sure it is clean.  Yesterday, I was
positive I had cleaned out all of the remaining stuff.

Since I monitor this system via Cacti for system stats as well as mythtv
stats, I noticed a steady increase in the number of errors it is
reporting despite all of the old entries pointing to non-existant files
being purged.  In looking at the backend logs, I'm seeing:

2013-04-12 10:00:27.377894 E [18735/21090] Commflag_118942
programinfo.cpp:2284 (GetPlaybackURL) -
ProgramInfo(1292_20130412140000.mpg): GetPlaybackURL:
'1292_20130412140000.mpg' should be local, but it can not be found.

Since 7am yesterday, there are 456 unique instances of those errors in
my backend log. And those recordings are current (judging by the
filename ####_YYYYMMDD######.mpg).. so why would they disappear?  I
checked on my two volumes (I have two separate 500GB disks in a storage
group) and those files don't exist.

I'm not sure where else to look for narrowing down this particular
problem. Thoughts?

-Rich

Some stats, if they are helpful to anyone:
Mythtv 0.26
3 PVR150's via S-video to DirectTV SD boxes with USB connections to
change channels
1 dual-tuner HD Homerun
Dual-core AMD64 X2 4000+
2GB ram
2 500GB drives in default storage group
2 200GB drives in a mirrored root pair
mysql database is local
CPU utilization is low (benefit of the tuners)