[mythtv-users] fixes/0.26 [0.26.0-7.el6] from rpmfusion and Qt 4.8.4

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Apr 10 15:23:25 UTC 2013

Hi: Beginning about two weeks ago an apparently routine update left my
laptop unable to complete booting.  Getting back to a working system has
taken me along paths that I wouldn't normally have used, but things are
looking quite healthy at present.

The initial problem seems to have arisen from unintended removal of the
LVM tools; my /home partition vanished.  It came back after reinstalling
the tools, but kde disappeared; I could only start Gnome.

I then found that the kde-unstable repo had a brand-new build of Qt and
kde, so I tried that.  Still only Gnome.  kde came back when I disabled
sshd.  Then it seemed worth trying Myth from rpmfusion, and after
removal of a few conflicting packages still left from ATrpms and remi I
have, to my amazement, what appears to be a working Myth installation.
I'm still using the ATrpms v4l packages at present.

But it _is_ labelled 'unstable'.

Thanks to all contributing!

John P

2013-04-10 14:30:49.598479 C  mythbackend version: fixes/0.26
[0.26.0-7.el6 (v0.26.0-111-g3944ca9)] www.mythtv.org
2013-04-10 14:30:49.598541 C  Qt version: compile: 4.6.2, runtime: 4.8.4

kde 4.10.2