[mythtv-users] problems recording ABC in SF bay area

John Lundell jdlundell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 06:22:21 UTC 2013

> Anyone else having problems with ABC in the SF bay area? I'm getting
> frequent dropouts/distortion/corruption on playback.
> In the log, it'll print something like:
>
> 2013-04-08 21:00:25.615 [ac3 @ 0x30e4b40]frame CRC mismatch
> 2013-04-08 21:00:25.625 [ac3 @ 0x30e4b40]frame sync error
> 2013-04-08 21:00:25.625 AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error
> 2013-04-08 21:00:25.625 [ac3 @ 0x30e4b40]frame CRC mismatch
> 2013-04-08 21:00:25.753 [ac3 @ 0x30e4b40]frame sync error
> 2013-04-08 21:00:25.753 AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error
> 2013-04-08 21:00:25.754 [ac3 @ 0x30e4b40]frame CRC mismatch
> 2013-04-08 21:00:25.933 [mpegvideo_vdpau @ 0x30e4b40]slice below image (98
> >= 45)
>
> I've tried playing back these recordings with VLC and mplayer, and they
> also have problems playing them, so it's really the recordings that are
> bad. There is nothing in the backend log to indicate anything went wrong
> during recording though. Is ABC just broadcasting garbage or something?

Yes, I have been having problems with KGO as well.  They are on their
original VHF channel 7 which is problematic with my UHF antenna but it use
to be fairly solid.  They also were retransmitting on channel 35 in the
south bay but that transmitter now seems to go on and off.  You may check
to see if you are using channel 35 (599MHz) and if so move to channel 7
(177MHz).

John