[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase recently stopped working

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 7 22:40:21 UTC 2013

On 04/06/2013 09:39 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:

> I have noticed this happening lately as well. I thought it was related
> to removing all my channel lineups and re-adding them. This was
> because it mythfilldatabase would not add any new channels, no matter
> what command line switches I tried. It was after this I found that the
> nightly job wasn't adding any new data.  They may be related, they may
> not.
>
> What in /tmp needs to be cleaned up. Just the XML file downloaded? Any
> other files or does in there?

Shut down all MythTV applications on all hosts (backends and
frontends--including the master backend), then:

sudo rm -rf /tmp/myth*

then restart everything.  Note, also, it's only likely to be the "cached
garbage" issue if you see a line that says, "Actual data is from <wrong
date>" in the log output.  And, IIRC, a fix went in 0.26-fixes for that
issue.

Mike