[mythtv-users] Make MythCenter theme consistent with MythCenter-wide

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Apr 7 12:11:03 UTC 2013

Steven Adeff wrote:
>Is it me or is any screen wit 1280 or greater width resolution capable
>of 720p which is considered HD?

No, I don't think it's just you.
However, I get the impression that the goal is not so much around SD vs HD displays, but square and widescreen - there's a problem finding a theme (or pair of themes) which are very similar except for being optimised for wide or square screens. The HD vs SD thing is a bit of a red herring, other than there bing a significant correlation between SD and square, and HD and wide.

There is of course a minor detail of a good SD theme allowing for the low res of the display - and so may well be significantly different (visually) to an HD theme to allow for this. This may be behind the OPs problem - he's wanting a "square" theme, but the square thems are SD and so designed differently to HD themes, and he can't find a pair of themes that are alike other than the width.