[mythtv-users] VAAPI on mythtv-0.26

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 18:40:18 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
>
>> So... if the Intel Linux drivers were on par... we should have that option
>> available to us with some CPU's.  As far as I know this is not the case.
>
> And that, "adaptive", is what the engineers are working on
> (there was some suggestion in the wording that shipping
> was not a technical problem (<conjecture> moved to a
> different level like legal (IP/patents)? </conjecture>).
>
> In any case, it is not shipping now.
>
> Gary

yes, I should have been more clear as to my question. thanks all for
the knowledge dump!

My ION1 systems are fine on our smaller TV's, so I could see how this
could be good for getting some cheaper small systems for people, but
yes, I'll stick with my GT220 on my big tv =)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!