[mythtv-users] Unnecessary mode changes

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gregorio.gervasio at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 03:42:14 UTC 2013

> On 05/04/2013 19:40, Michael T. Dean wrote:
[...]
>> Perhaps this has some useful information for you:
>>
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9133

> That's certainly evidence that I didn't imagine that it used to avoid
> unnecessary mode changes. That was one of the things that impressed me,
> that returning to the GUI avoided a mode change independent of the
> frame rate of the movie you'd just played. Also 2 years ago is probably
> around the time that I saw that good behaviour.  Doesn't work for me
> now, and I do have "Any" selected.

        Did you upgrade nVidia drivers?  I also have "Any" selected for
the GUI refresh rate and I seem to recall that an upgrade of nVidia
drivers is what caused my MythTV system to start making unnecessary mode
changes -- something about the way the new drivers supplied video mode
information.

        I've been using the attached patch to fix the problem.
Unfortunately, I can't remember now whether I actually found a problem
in the myth code or whether this was just a workaround.