[mythtv-users] Intel HDx000 graphics - vaapi now works for me

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Apr 2 17:22:23 UTC 2013

I would definitely spend a few dollars more and go for Ivy Bridge.  I have
read that it works better with VAAPI (not sure if that information is
accurate today) and provides an easier upgrade path in the future when you
can grab an I7 used for $50.

Additionally, purchase the RAM/Mobo such that you only fill half the slots
if possible... makes for a cheap upgrade in the future too and typically
only costs a couple of dollars today.