[mythtv-users] Intel HDx000 graphics - vaapi now works for me

Matthias lists at thyroff.net
Tue Apr 2 16:52:30 UTC 2013

Am 02.04.2013 18:35, schrieb Matt Emmott:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Matthias <lists at thyroff.net
> <mailto:lists at thyroff.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hello All,
>
>     today I stumbled across an article stating that Intel now has
>     released an installer for the intel graphics driver for ubuntu
>     (and fedora) which takes care to install all required components
>     and versions... I thought I'd give it a try and installed it.
>
>     Now vaapi works for me, my little itx celeron frontend plays HD
>     content now with nice low 10% CPU load and without freezing (which
>     it would immediately do after displaying the first frame of the
>     video content when I tried vaapi before).
>
>     I just made a quick test - so ymmv (and mine).
>
>     But maybe it is useful (and new) information for somebody else -
>     if so, go and check here:
>
>     https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/2013/intel-linux-graphics-installer
>
>     Have fun,
>
>     Matthias
>

> This is great! So, what's the cheapest / lowest end motherboard or PC
> that supports VAAPI?

Matt,

that is quite easy for you to find out in your market: You will need an
1155 motherboard, the cheapest sandy bridge or ivy bridge processor,
and, I guess, 1 GB or RAM.

I got myself the cheapest dual core celeron with 2GB of RAM, it was just
a little more expensive and could also do HD 720P in CPU.

I wish good shopping!