[mythtv-users] UK Freesat retune

stinga stinga at wolf-rock.com
Fri Sep 28 17:39:30 UTC 2012

On 28/09/12 10:25, David Edwards wrote:
> On 28 September 2012 08:08, stinga<stinga at wolf-rock.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 27/09/12 20:11, David Edwards wrote:
>>
>>> Based on that thread, I was very naughty and just ran this manually in the DB:
>>>
>> Why is that naughty? That's how I update all my channels!
>>
> Any manual tweaking has the potential to waste people's time when it
> causes unforeseen problems. For example, imagine the scene in two
> years time when I do an upgrade which fails, I ask on the list for
> help, everyone tries to troubleshoot, and several days later after
> many emails back and forth it turns out that it failed because there
> was an unexpected value in the DB that was only there because of the
> manual DB change which by then even I have forgotten about.

Indeed that is always a risk, but I rather add one line than manually
delete 300 useless porn/shopping channels :-)

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga at wolf-rock.com         o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use>   (O)  X<   ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\