[mythtv-users] UK Freesat retune

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Sep 28 12:39:24 UTC 2012

On 28 Sep 2012, at 10:30, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> On 28/09/2012 09:25, Andre wrote:
>>
>> On 27 Sep 2012, at 19:24, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I remember someone mentioned some parameters were being changed for
>>> some of the HD channels today,
>>
>> Thanks for the reminder, totally forgotten.
>>
>> Oddly one of my tuner cards still tuned it fine with no changes, a SatixS2 dual, the other a Nova HD-S2 didn't. I elected to do full retune using the HD-S2 starting with the BBC transponder, a single transponder re-scan didn't get lock or receive anything.
>>
>> I then found I had two copies of BBC One HD & BBC HD in my satellite source, deleted the topmost one in Mythweb and all seems fine now, I get EIT and I can record with any tuner.
>
> Yes I have two copies too. Weird! Why make all these changes for the
> sake of bandwidth only to send two copies? Maybe they are different
> regions. I'm going to edit my tables later to make them both
> watchable.

I didn't see two copies of the channels in the mux, I saw two identical copies of the channels in the database. The pids and sids were the same so I believe they were duplicates from MythTV scanning not duplicates in the transmission.

I've seen the same when the BBC changed their transmission mode before and also Ch4 HD, pretty sure MythTV isn't deleting the old channels when adding the new in this instance, yes I asked the scanner to update channels and no other channels were similarly affected.

I was hoping to see some new pids in there already but I guess the Beeb are being cautious and changing things one step at a time, they have been caught out many times before.

Andre