[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime, Charter, fetch of channels turns up almost nothing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 27 12:29:10 UTC 2012

On 09/27/2012 12:18 AM, Erik Hovland wrote:
> I finally got my cablecard activated in my HDHR prime. Word to the wise,
> I had much better luck using community.charter.com then I did either w/
> phone or chat support. CharterAbby and CharterDylan on that forum
> knew way more about activating cablecards then anyone else I encountered.
>
> But I digress...
>
> I hooked up my HDHR prime to a schedulesdirect account and I hit
> the "fetch channel" listings in mythtv-setup. I get back a channel list
> that is basically the analog channels (2-75, 95, 99). I am able to get
> the broadcast channels while going through "Watch TV", but most of
> the cable channels are untunable. I was kind of expecting all of the
> channels that I should be able to tune digitally w/ a CableCard.
>
> If this is solved in another thread and I haven't searched hard enough,
> just let me know and I will continue doing research.
>
> I am running 0.25.1 from the MythTV github ebuilds in gentoo.
>
> FWIW ClearQAM works fine w/ my trusty original HDHR.

Did you create a new Video Source for the HDHR Prime's list of
channels?  Did you either:

a) create a new lineup at Schedules Direct for the HDHR Prime's channel
list?
b) add the superset of channels that your HDHR Prime can tune to your
existing Schedules Direct lineup and then specify --remove-new-channels
on your mythfilldatabase options (so it doesn't try to add the
non-ClearQAM channels to your original HDHR's Video Source)

Mike