[mythtv-users] Wiki on MythVideo lacks tag/variable defs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 27 02:37:43 UTC 2012

On 09/26/2012 10:26 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 2012-09-26 9:21 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 09/26/2012 09:30 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
>>> I have ISO's I like to play back that under 0.25 I haven't made work
>>> yet. (So I'm doing it now)
>>>
>>> Right now, they don't play back with the internal player. So I
>>> wanted to switch back to Xine (which I used to use)
>>>
>>> but I didn't write down the File Association command line... and now
>>> when I look at MythVideo's Wiki pages,
>>> the section for configuring external players is completely lacking
>>> on the tags like %s (which doesn't work, BTW.. is this the one I
>>> should be using? It resolves to "myth://video@host:port/filename"
>>> and I have NFS mounted up to handle the file directly if needed.
>>>
>>> With all the changes to 0.25, I'm not sure how this should be done
>>> anymore and the wiki isn't as clear either.
>>>
>>> (googling online yields a lot of posts from over 3+ years ago)
>>>
>>> Little help?
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library#Disadvantages
>>
>> Why not post information on what's not working with the Internal
>> player and perhaps we can help you get it working properly?
>
> I figured just getting Xine working like before would have been easier.
>
> The internal player runs, but the video is garbled. (odd vertical
> entities, but not what I would call full stripes)
>
> This only happens for ISO's (not mpegs or AVI's)
>
> The ISO's are direct conversions of DVD's I own, so they have the full
> start-up "menus" that the DVD's would normally display.
>
> I get none of this with  the internal player.
>
> However, Xine works fine across the network NFS link (or local file as
> in the previous life).
>
> What other information would be helpful for me to provide?

We'd probably have to know some more information, such as how you're
ripping the discs, whether it's all discs or only some, and if only
some, which particular ones.  Also, a picture may actually be helpful
for getting someone to recognize if they've seen the same (and, if so,
perhaps how they fixed it).

Mike