[mythtv-users] 0.25 Number of recordings to keep

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 26 20:12:20 UTC 2012

On 09/26/2012 03:36 PM, David Engel wrote:
> (*)This is mainly for Mike Dean and Stuart Morgan.  The old recordings
> are expired (as in the recording file is deleted).  Now that "move to
> deleted" is the mandatory delete behavior, I wonder if the delete part
> of "delete old and record new" shouldn't do the same.

I'm all for that plan.  It makes the code simpler, and it allows users
to recover/undelete episodes later, if they so choose.  (Haven't gotten
back on IRC to respond, there, but I am keeping up with it. :)

Oh, and thanks for the clarification on how it works with power rules.
It seems I was remembering
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3196#comment:4 without remembering it
was fixed to use recid.

Mike