[mythtv-users] Raspbmc (Raspberry Pi XBMC) Announces MythTV support

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 16:13:28 UTC 2012

> Already have, but I haven't gotten it to play nice with trunk yet.
> FYI - Turn around on the MPEG-2 license key is about a day or so.

I've tried raspbmc connecting to mythtv using UPNP.

The Pi plays UK freeview files fine, both SD(mpeg2) and HD(H.264).

Menu performance is a bit sluggish but OK, and the CEC function is
pretty nice  (Use the TV's remote to send commands down the HDMI cable
to the Pi).

However, at the moment I can only play TV Recordings if I move them to
MythVideos.

I can browse TV recordings on the Pi;  when I select a recordings it
shows the preview image; but when I try and play it I get a  "No items
returned for object..." error in the xbmc log.

Using MythTV 25 fixes and the Pre RC4 version of raspbmc.