[mythtv-users] schedules direct issue

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 24 17:27:03 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 12:52 PM, Carl Johnson wrote:
>>> And do you have one or more lineups defined on the Schedules Direct site?
>>   yes, i've also tried adding deleting and re-adding that lineup there as
>> well.
> if it helps any...
>   i've seen some threads and such that mention trying a mythfilldatabase
> dd-grab-all too. i've tried that as well, but while that fill is running
> i see a lot of "content-type missing in HTTP POST, defaulting to
> application/octet-stream" lines there.

That particular warning is unimportant.  It's Qt 4.8+ being picky and 
changing things trying to do what it thinks we want.  We've changed 
master/unstable/development so that Qt no longer issues that warning, 
but it turns out that it doesn't change behavior at all (for the worse 
or better--which is why we didn't backport the change), so it's 
unrelated to the problem you're seeing.

However, a mythfilldatabase--whether using --dd-grab-all or not--will 
fail until you have proper channels, which you cannot get until you get 
a lineup specified.

To get a better idea of what might be failing, I'd need to see good log 
output from mythtv-setup.  Let's start with default verbosity and see if 
it sheds any light on the issue.  Also, it may help to start "fresh" 
when creating the log output.  To do so, go to Video Sources and select, 
"Delete all video sources", then continue from the "Select the Video 
Sources menu item" part of the wiki page.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list