[mythtv-users] Remote control: repeated keys with Lirc

Marius Bjørnstad pmb at fa2k.net
Sun Sep 23 20:17:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

Maybe not completely Mythtv related, but I hope someone can help me: I
have a remote that came with my DVB card, which is a TBS 6280. When I
push a navigation key like Up, Down, OK, etc., and then press another
key, the first key is sometimes repeated once . It doesn't happen if I
wait more than 1 second between the pressing the keys.

I think the key is registered both by LIRC and by some generic keyboard
driver. This is the device:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Sep 23 20:08
/dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:02:00.0-event-ir -> ../event7

I can always move left/right/etc in other programs using the keys
without even having Lirc running. If I comment out commands like
KEY_LEFT from lircd.conf it doesn't move in mythtv. While KEY_LEFT is
commented out in lircd.conf, but not DOWN, I can of course move up and
down in mythtv, and if I press LEFT then DOWN, then DOWN is registered
twice!

I do need Lirc because some keys don't register in xev. It's not the
normal problem with "repeat", because it's only triggered by hitting a
second key. How can I get rid of this problem? I uploaded my lircd.conf
in case that may be helpful: http://www.fa2k.net/misc/lircd.conf . (It's
very annoying for example when trying to select "Delete+Rerecord" and
having the damned thing skip to "Delete" when I press OK)

Thanks,
Marius