[mythtv-users] Mythtv for android - minimum android version?

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 14:47:58 UTC 2012

On Sep 23, 2012 1:01 AM, "John" <nospam at netrom.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I look forward to the release. Any idea why the current ones work for
me?

Mythtv for android starts and scans for the Backend successfully. However
when I hit the 'home' button I get a force stop error. Same with version
from 5 sept or 14 sept. Is android 3.0.1 recent enough or is it some other
problem?

release in a day or 2. It vastly speeds up the interface and data loading.
If you feel like loading from source you can see it now.

>> Nick,
>> Just pushed a new version to the download area on dropbox.  Let me know
how it goes for you.  I am gonna send a more general post shortly regarding
the changes.

>> Dan
>>
>> --
>> My Google Profile
>>
>> !DSPAM:500,505d3ebd304901523314271!
>>

>> !DSPAM:500,505d3ebd304901523314271!
>>
> Just tried the latest version and it doesn't matter what video player I
use, after playing 5-10 seconds the video stops playing.

John,

Can you send me the relevant info about the device you are trying to run
on?  Also, which players have you tried. The native one on Android is not
good and exhibits that behavior. The latest BS Player in the market is
broken. I have had most success with MX Player lately.

Be sure to update your preferred app if you have set a default video
player.

Dan