[mythtv-users] USB tuner advice for UK DVB-T

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 09:37:56 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I have only used internal DVB-T cards previously for TV tuners. I have
just bought a backend system with very little room inside, so want to
get USB tuners this time (if they will work ok).

I currently only have a 480p projector, so SD input is fine. I'll
probably not be going to HD until this projector actually dies.

There was a dual input Hauppauge device that I saw last night, but the
last comment on it was in 2009 and it said it had problems

Ideally, I'd really like something that I can expect to plug in and just
work. I'll be using a headless server for the first time and the idea of
having to manually set up drivers etc sends a shudder down my spine.

What are you all using and what can you recommend?