[mythtv-users] OT: Acer Aspire Revo Custom Power Button

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:48:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 10:58 AM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com>
> wrote:

> really
> in, power
> no way

> >> I -think- he's saying that he can purchase the bare motherboard/CPU out
> of a
> >> Revo, but that he's too cheap to buy the powerswitch/USB module as a
> spare
> >> part.

Kinda.  No need to say too cheap.  if money was a different situation right
now, I'd just drop the $150-200 on a ion box.  But right now, I can't
justify that.  My other frontend just died.  I haven't found anything like
say under 60.  So I saw the MB that comes with the CPU pre sodered in for
like $20.  Figured power supply is $10, salvage heatsink/fan from old
frontend, just got to figure out a way to power it on.

> >> As such, he'd like to know if the power switch interfaces to a
> reasonably
> >> standard header to which he could bodge up his own switch.
> >>
> >> I'm afraid I can't be bothered to open either of my Revo's to find out,
> >> though.
> >

> same here.

No Worries.

> >> - Chris

> I believe you can set the bios of the Revo to power on when it gets
> plugged in.  You can always use "poweroff" or "shutdown" commands to
> power it down.  The OP asked if there is a way to enter shutdown by
> pulling the power chord.  I am not sure how you would sustain power to
> the MB to gracefully power it down in that scenario.

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell