[mythtv-users] What if...?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 14:30:06 UTC 2012

Stefan D wrote:
>What if MythTV should be a backend only project?
>I recently got tired of the limited amount of features of the frontend, ...

Err, wouldn't doing away with the frontend mean you'd effectively be
down to the lowest common denominator in upnp frontends ?

Besides, without checking, I suspect that there are people working on
frontend stuff that don't work on backend stuff - and vice-versa. If
someone is doing frontend only dev then scrapping the frontend
wouldn't necessarily benefit the backend (they may not want to work
on the backend). If someone is doing backend only dev, then scrapping
the frontend won't make any difference to them.

--
Simon Hobson