[mythtv-users] New blue-abstract theme 1.8

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Sep 20 08:36:16 UTC 2012

Zitat von Scott harris <scott.harris0509 at gmail.com>:

>>> Regarding the missing background images: I use my own (imho better
>>> structured) menu (which you can activate in the appearance
>>> settings, it called blue-abstract-menu). There I don't use the
>>> media gallery. I'll add the background to it in the next version.
>>>
>>> I'll add some color to the upcoming recording text.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately there is no option to change the scrolling speed.
>>> I'll think about disabling it. You can still disable the scrolling
>>> yourself in the xml file.
>>>
>> Dont disable it, its one of the best features of this theme.  IMO.
>
> Agreed

So how do you guys actually read the scrolling content with the
current scrolling speed, if the episode description is like 10 lines
longs, but you only see 4 lines at once? I might not be the fastest
reader, but I doubt anyone could really read those with the current
settings.
A slower scrolling speed would definitely help too, though I'd still
prefer to only read the full description on demand, because everybody
has a different reading speed, and you might not start reading right
after opening the recording, so you missed the first lines and need to
wait until the scrolling loops back. Bad usability IMO.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project