[mythtv-users] My backend goes out to lunch in mythtv.25

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 01:30:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

I finally got off my butt and decided to post this before opening a
ticket.  I've been running .25 for about 4 months.  Since upgrading,
I've noticed the backend stops responding to the frontend rather
frequently.  By frequently, I would have said 1 to 2 days.  So much so
that I've set up a cron to restart the backend nightly.  Now, with the
increased amount of shows kicking in, the backend checks out sooner.

By check out, I mean the backend stops responding to the frontend and
mythweb hangs when trying to hit the status page.  (Picture that little
still getting recorded so that's good. Unfortunately, if we can't watch
the shows without restarting the backend it won't be very wife friendly.
 There are also log entries in the backend log so it's doing something.

On another note, I've also noticed the frontend will randomly just exit
from within a show.  This appears after 5-6 days or so and doesn't seem
to have a predictable pattern before it happens.

Here is some of the particulars:
	Host: mageia 1 32 bit
        Myth is self compiled.  Not installed from the official repository.
        kernel = 2.6.38.8-server-10.mga (4 G of memory in server)

Version info:

mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.25.1-54-g67522d8
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120506-1
QT Version : 4.7.4
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit
using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2