[mythtv-users] EIT missing, howto troubleshoot with DVB-C (Terratec Cinergy)?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sat Sep 15 19:51:30 UTC 2012

On 15.09.2012 20:41, Jyrki wrote:

> The original reason why I got frustrated and forgot this project some
> years ago was still there: No EIT, not any kind.
>
> Some debugging (and no, I'd rather not want to go back on real
> rebuilding & patching & debugging -level yet) later I can see that:
> -Kaffeine can receive and show EPG just fine
> -dvbsnoop can receive the EIT just fine (eg. "dvbsnoop -adapter 1 18"
> gives plenty of data)
> -I've activated all "Use EIT" settings (per channel and video input)
> -cleared channels few times from database and done the usual tricks
> using channels.conf and not using channels.conf

some things to look at:
  * (original_)network_id and transport_id of your multiplexes
    are they filled in?
  * original_network_id and transport_id of the EIT data with dvbsnoop
    do they match the ids of the multiplexes?
  * EIT schedule and now/next present flag in the SDT with dvbsnoop
    does your provider properly signal EIT presence?

Missing ids can be worked around by simply putting the correct ones in.

Ids not matching (or missing) can likely be patched via
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10784

EIT presence not being signaled can be patched via
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9592

> My cable provider (KPO/Kaisanet) uses basically same transport streams
> as "fi-dna" found from /usr/share/dvb/dvb-c/
> QAM128, 6875 & QAM256, 6875

Might be worth to extend the list of known broken providers to handle
broken EIT, too.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_tuning_broken_with_DVB-C

Regards,
Karl

PS: Patching and building is a single command invocation with the
current MythBuntu packaging. (might work on Debian, too)