[mythtv-users] Anybody having problems with SchedulesDirect?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 23:55:43 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:28 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> > wrote:
>> On 09/13/2012 08:26 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:
>>> On Thursday, September 13, 2012, Joseph Fry wrote:
>>>  Try running with '--dd-grab-all'.
>>>>>>>> Nope, same issue. Still no guide data.
>>>>>>>  Try a reboot.  Have seen several similar issues in the past, at
>>>>>> least a
>>>>>> few of which were fixed by a reboot.
>>>>>> One other user had converted his system to static and forgot to set a
>>>>>> DNS server... not sure that is applicable to you.
>>>>>> ______________________________**_________________
>>>>>> Interesting I have the same problem.
>>>>>> When I run it manually from my account it works.
>>>>>> So I created a cronjob to run it nightly but under the mythtv account.
>>>>>> Same problem.
>>>>>> So I removed that cron entry and put it in my account's cron and it
>>>>>> all
>>>>>> works.
>>>>>> I did that as a work around hoping to address the real problem at some
>>>>>> time.
>>>>>> The reboot did not help me either.
>>>>>>   Good call - I tried su - ing to the mythtv user, then firing up
>>>>> /bin/bash and running mythfilldatase. Same issues. I'm open to other
>>>>> ideas,
>>>>> it stinks coming home with no recordings!
>>>>>  Did anyone get the output of this:  mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all
>>>> --nodblog -v file,network --loglevel debug --logpath /tmp
>>>> This is definitely a network or filesystem issue, or an issue with
>>>> schedules direct... the logs I have seen so far clearly show failure to
>>>> download any listing data.
>>>>  Yes, the output I posted earlier was the result of that. I'll dig into
>>> the
>>> results to see if I can web to the addresses in there.
>> No, that was the output of the "flood the log with useless information in
>> the hope of obscuring any interesting issues" approach using
>> mythfilldatabase -v all.
>>  2012-09-13 11:21:10.982153 N  Enabled verbose msgs: all
>> Joseph's 2nd request for logs ( http://www.gossamer-threads.**
>> com/lists/mythtv/users/527941#**527941<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/527941#527941>--and, for that matter, his 3rd/the re-request,
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.**com/lists/mythtv/users/527981#**527981<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/527981#527981>) makes more sense than the first request for -v all logs--because the 2nd
>> approach tries to get specific extra info that may actually be useful
>> (though --nodblog is really unnecessary).
>> However, the first log that any user who's having issues should ever post
>> should be a default-verbosity log file--as opposed to excerpts from a log.
>>  All we got from you was an excerpt of things you thought might be
>> relevant.  Generally, though, a user who doesn't understand why something
>> isn't working is the worst person in the world to decide which information
>> from a log file is relevant.  And, since a default-verbosity log file
>> generally has a lot of useful information and isn't too large to post, it's
>> always the best starting point.  It's also much better than a log file with
>> too much information that might hide important details and, especially, a
>> log file with so much information that the user cut out some portion of the
>> middle of it, thereby making it hard to figure out what's happening
>> overall.  :)
>> Mike
> Well, the full log was quite a bit of data and it appeared to be pretty
> redundant. I thought I would post what appeared relevant in the hopes that
> it would be an easy fix. Further, after posting the much longer logs above,
> I was notified that it needed to be approved by a mythtv-users moderator
> before it could be posted.
> But back on topic, does anybody have any ideas as to how I could fix this?
> I'm on day three with no tv listings.

I've fixed it. A friend reminded me that 0.25 supports the HDHR's three
channels natively and I was still running in direct IP mode to get all
three tuners working in 0.24. So, I deleted the tuners and recreated new
ones. It didn't make a difference but I did notice that since Myth
increments new tuners every time they're created, I'm up to tuners number
31, 32 and 33. I'm sure that will never be a problem in the future. :-)

Next, I reset the tuner sources, but that didn't work. After deleting all
tuner sources, recreating the one I needed for the Prime, and re-linking
the HDHR with those sources, a Mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all seemed to
work! It appears that I'm back up and running and now all I have to do is
go through and remove channels I don't get.

Thanks for all the help everyone.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20120914/961fc118/attachment.html>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list