[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 12.04 and sleep

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Sep 14 19:19:24 UTC 2012

> > I'll admit, I've only been suspending for a couple of days, and only
> testing
> > it in my office.   If I start to see issues, I guess I'll need to kill
> the
> > frontend.  Thanks for the heads up.
> This is my experience too; if mythfrontend is running when the
> computer suspends, all sorts of things can go wrong when it resumes.
> I have the power button on my remote set to run a script that kills
> mythfrontend (I'm thinking of changing that to shut it down gracefully
> using the python bindings), suspends, and then starts mythfrontend
> again. I considered doing it all in /etc/pm/sleep.d, but it's easier
> from a simple script because it's running as the correct user.

Just fired up my frontend after letting it sleep all night and sure enough
it wouldn't wake properly.  Sleeping worked great during all my short-term
tests, but I never left it for an extended period before last night.  I
suspect that the iscsi connection didn't recover (I am connecting via gpxe
in my NIC bios with DHCP to configure it).  I wonder if there is a setting
on my server to preserve the connection for a longer time.