[mythtv-users] MythTV newbie questions

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 15:30:14 UTC 2012

Nick Jenkins wrote:

>* Is there some way to bind a key to "jump back 5 seconds"? I quite miss
>this function from the TiVo's remote, and would like to reproduce it.
>Under Setup -> Video -> Playback Groups, I can see a "jump back" entry
>set to "5", but I'm assuming this is equivalent to the "JUMPRWND/Jump
>back" keybinding of "Page up", and from memory this jumps back 10

In my installs (0.21 and then 0.24, the default has been to bind the
left and right cursor keys to jump forward/backwards. Not sure of the
default times, but I set these to 60 seconds forward and 30 seconds
Dunno how they are mapped on remotes, but I found that with 0.24 (on
MythBuntu), the MCE remote that I'd previously found unusable seems
to be working by default - using up/down for back/forward 10 minutes,
and left/right for back/forward a smaller amount.

Simon Hobson