[mythtv-users] MythTV newbie questions

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 15:30:14 UTC 2012

Nick Jenkins wrote:

>* Is there some way to bind a key to "jump back 5 seconds"? I quite miss
>this function from the TiVo's remote, and would like to reproduce it.
>Under Setup -> Video -> Playback Groups, I can see a "jump back" entry
>set to "5", but I'm assuming this is equivalent to the "JUMPRWND/Jump
>back" keybinding of "Page up", and from memory this jumps back 10
>minutes.

In my installs (0.21 and then 0.24, the default has been to bind the
left and right cursor keys to jump forward/backwards. Not sure of the
default times, but I set these to 60 seconds forward and 30 seconds
back.
Dunno how they are mapped on remotes, but I found that with 0.24 (on
MythBuntu), the MCE remote that I'd previously found unusable seems
to be working by default - using up/down for back/forward 10 minutes,
and left/right for back/forward a smaller amount.

--
Simon Hobson