[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 12.04 and sleep

David Edwards david at more.fool.me.uk
Fri Sep 14 14:41:24 UTC 2012

On 14 September 2012 08:23, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
> I'll admit, I've only been suspending for a couple of days, and only testing
> it in my office.   If I start to see issues, I guess I'll need to kill the
> frontend.  Thanks for the heads up.

This is my experience too; if mythfrontend is running when the
computer suspends, all sorts of things can go wrong when it resumes.

I have the power button on my remote set to run a script that kills
mythfrontend (I'm thinking of changing that to shut it down gracefully
using the python bindings), suspends, and then starts mythfrontend
again. I considered doing it all in /etc/pm/sleep.d, but it's easier
from a simple script because it's running as the correct user.

David