[mythtv-users] ATSC Unwatchable

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Sep 14 02:58:54 UTC 2012

> May I remind you that top (or bottom) posting is a preference.  I say each
> to his own.  Personally, I hate it when people bottom post.  When I open a
> message I don’t like scrolling all the way to the bottom to see the new
> content.  ****
>
> **

Actually it is NOT a preference on this list... rather than get into an
argument about it, please see http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**
Mailing_List_etiquette <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette> and,
specifically, http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Mailing_List_etiquette#**
General_Mailing_List_Etiquette<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#General_Mailing_List_Etiquette>

Bottom posting makes it much easier to read through a post if you don't
happen to remember all of the details.  You hate scrolling all the way to
the bottom for new content... but most mailing list users hate having to
scroll to the bottom and read backward in sections to get caught up with a
thread.

If you don't want to get hassled on this list, always bottom post, or place
your comments inline directly below the section to which you are replying.