[mythtv-users] Problem with Parental Control pin on 0.25

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Tue Sep 11 05:27:52 UTC 2012

On 09/10/2012 08:43 PM, Joseph Fry wrote:

>     I am having an issue with parental controls with mythtv 0.25-2.  I
>     am using minimyth-0.25-2.81.
>

> Can you connect a keyboard and see if you can reproduce the issue?  I
> suspect an issue with the remote/lirc.  I know that in some modes, the
> numbers will operate as though you were using the numberpad with
> numlock off... so 1 would be end, 2 would be down, 3 would be pg down,
> and 4 would be left.  Any chance this is what you are seeing?

Hello,

Thanks for the response.  I went and tried the frontend with a real
keyboard.  It did not resolve the issue whether the numlock was on.
HOWEVER, it did lead me to a discovery about what files are getting
highlighted.

When in a large folder ( > 500 files ), when I press 1 it takes me about
10% of the way through the files.  Pressing 2 yields about 20% of the
way through, and so forth.  9 obviously takes me to near the end of the
list.

I hadn't noticed this before, because my top level only has 4-5 folders
and the affect isn't as noticeable.  I tested in several folders and
number pressed seems to indicate a rough percentage of where the
highlighted video would be.

Maybe this clue will ring a bell for some developer :)

Michael