[mythtv-users] FW: Where is the text on the Videos buttons defined - is it configurable

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 10 23:51:07 UTC 2012

On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 10:36:11 +0100, <ajp at cantabrian.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I need to change the text on the “List View” buttons in the buttontree
> widget.
>

> I am running Videos in “List View” and I want the last button, to the
> right, to simply be the Title. However if it is a TV series I >am forced
> to have a button of the format “ %TITLE% %SEASON%/%EPISODE% - %SUBTITLE%”
>

> When I asked this not too long ago I was told to look for “##x##” and I
> found this but it didn’t give any clues.
>

> I suspect the text is defined in code and not in the UI/Theme files. I
> would like to know if the text is configurable and ideally >how it is
> configurable, without having to build MythTV. If it’s not configurable
> then I plan to manipulate, using SQL, the >contents of videometadata to
> get the effect I want – not desirable but something I am more
> comfortable with than having the >text the way it is currently.
>

> I have been banging my head against a brick wall trying to work out how
> it is defined in the theme UI but I can’t see it. If it’s >not defined
> in the theme UI then that would be enormously helpful to know.
>

> If anyone can share any light on this I would appreciate it.
>

> Thanks

IMHO it's not configurable by the theme - I also failed to alter it.

You don't mention your version/theme but the actual text widget for
0.25/MythCenter is the common one at
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/themes/MythCenter/base.xml
#160. <template> tags don't seem to work in this case.

The relevant code is
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/videolist.cpp

You'll have to reset episode, season & subtitle to achieve your aim.