[mythtv-users] Remote Control MythMusic

Greg G. dargllun at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:31:21 UTC 2012

On 10.09.2012 18:04, Karl Dietz wrote:
> On 10.09.2012 17:17, Greg G. wrote:
>
>> If that's really not possible, then what alternatives to MythMusic could
>> I be starting to look into? What I really need is this:
>
> asking on the MythTV list what you could use instead is unlikely to
> produce the responses you are looking for (we are here because we think
> MythTV is the best solution for our use cases)

Well, even if what I'm asking is not an intended use case for MythTV, I
certainly hope the project is open for new ones. Besides, being OSS
should also be open to be put in relatation with alternatives.

And don't ignore the fact that my primary question was if what I'm after
is possible with MythTV. I just can't believe that my friend's stinking
Logitech is so much more capable than my system :-)

>> - now playing info
>> - select any one of N preset playlists
>> - append/replace tracks from library to current playlist
>> - LCDproc support
>> - lirc support
>> - low profile package dependency&  ALSA output (I'm running Mythbuntu
>> and would hate to pull in all of Gnome (gstreamer, pulse), not even
>> speaking of KDE).
>> - Android remote controll App
>
> what you are looking for sounds like finishing the DLNA media renderer
> in mythfrontend and a decent DLNA control point application (aka remote
> control) and mythbackend serving the music via DLNA.
 >
 > Many parts of that are already done but the whole integration is
 > missing.

Interesting to know. Is anyone actively working on this?

> You might want to look into MPD or Squeezebox for other solutions.

Thanks, I'll be checking this out!

Best Regards
Greg