[mythtv-users] Remote Control MythMusic

Greg G. dargllun at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:17:57 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I understand MythMusic, in its 0.25 incarnation, allows to be pretty
decently remote controlled. Especially a "Now Playing" screen and
selecting tracks to play really would be fine.

What I'm unable to find is any kind of remote control making use of this
to put on my Android powered phone. There is a whole bunch of remotes
out there, but none of them allows to decently control MythMusic. Please
tell me I have missed something here!

If that's really not possible, then what alternatives to MythMusic could
I be starting to look into? What I really need is this:

- now playing info
- select any one of N preset playlists
- append/replace tracks from library to current playlist
- LCDproc support
- lirc support
- low profile package dependency & ALSA output (I'm running Mythbuntu
and would hate to pull in all of Gnome (gstreamer, pulse), not even
speaking of KDE).
- Android remote controll App

Thank for any hints/advice!

--