[mythtv-users] Seg fault when watching YouTube videos in Mythnetvision

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 13:13:16 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else was getting crashes when watching
YouTube videos in Mythnetvision?

I am guessing it is a Flash issue, rather than a Myth issue.
Basically, watching any YouTube video, for any amount of time
(watching to the end, or escaping half way through) causes
mythfrontend to crash to Desktop.

Log file - http://pastebin.com/J3zYbvq9

Doesn't seem to show anything of note, the above is from running the
frontend from a terminal with "-v all".  In the terminal window after
the crash, it just says "Segmentation fault".

I guess I need to get a "backtrace" to capture that information, I
have tried, I installed the debug symbols OK, but when trying to run
apport-cli or apport-bug, I just get command not found
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Ubuntu_packages)

Carrying on down the wiki article, I followed the process for GDB and
setting up a gdbcommands file in my home directory etc.  I did all of
this and ran the command:

gdb mythfrontend.real -x ${HOME}/gdbcommands

But got:

"Undefined catch command: "<< "EOF" | tee ${HOME}/gdbcommands ". Try
"help catch"."

So I am not having much luck.  Maybe a backtrace is not needed and
there is a solution to this out there all ready.  Any help appreciated

Thanks

Martin