[mythtv-users] ATSC Unwatchable

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Sun Sep 9 21:55:10 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Keith Wait <kwait at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
> Here's an overview of my setup:
> xbmcbuntu (based on oneiric), running kernel 3.0.0-22-xen-dom0 (so
> running the xen hypervisor).

Wow, please seriously don't tell me you've been running a hypervisor
all this time and are just mentioning this now.  If so, then you've
just engaged in a colossal waste of my time.

Hypervisors are not supported, in particular on the backend.  They
screw with the PCI latency, causing packets to get dropped.

Think it's not the hypervisor?  Prove it.  Do a stock install of the
OS without the hypervisor and report back in if you're still having

As an intermediate step, you may also wish to try a *current* LiveCD
with the same 3.0.0 kernel but not in hypervisor mode.  At least that
lets you do an apples-to-apples comparison with the same kernel

Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs