[mythtv-users] MythTV on Android

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 21:54:40 UTC 2012

On Sep 9, 2012 1:38 PM, "Eric Sharkey" <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>
wrote:
> > On 12-09-05 09:20 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> > So, the first thing it does is loads the program guide.
> >
> > That seems premature.
>
> Agreed.  Why would it need most of this data?
>
> > It's very slow to read the Recorded program listing also.  It took many
> > minutes here.
> >
> > It also takes a long time (again, on the order of minutes) to start a
> > recording playback.  Oh.  and it didn't actually play it.  It just
> > popped up a "Unfortunately, MythTV for Android has stopped." dialog.
> > :-(
>
> I can't even get that far.  I never get out of loading the guide data.
>  It won't let me do much of anything until the data is loaded, but it
> never completes.  After a few minutes, I get the "Unfortunately,
> MythTV for Android has stopped." dialog.
>
> The version of this app that was posted in July worked fine.
>
> For me, this is a huge step backward both in design and function.
>
> Eric

We are working on ways to improve this. Please revert back to the previous
version for the time being.

The reason for requiring the data is to provide a search function that will
globally search the program guide so that you can manage your recordings
much like you would from mythweb. Just because you may not use this
functionality, does not mean someone else will not. Please keep in mind
this app will be another front end, not just a viewer. Please bare with us
while we work out this loading issue.

Thank you for your continued support.

Dan and the Mythtv for Android team.