[mythtv-users] mysql problems and how to fix them ...

Sebastian Niehaus niehaus at web.de
Sat Sep 8 21:55:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

I suppose, I have an mysql problem which broke my tables.  Running
mythtv on Debian Squeeze.

,----
| mythtv at ceramic:~$ apt-cache policy  mythtv
| mythtv:
|   Installiert: 0.24.2-0.0squeeze1
|   Kandidat:    0.24.2-0.0squeeze1
|   Versionstabelle:
|  *** 0.24.2-0.0squeeze1 0
|         500 ftp://ftp.debian-multimedia.org/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages
|         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
| mythtv at ceramic:~$
`----

When I (re)start mysql I get this error message:

,----
| root at ceramic:/home/niehaus# ERROR 144 (HY000) at line 1: Table './mythconverg/oldprogram' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
| ERROR 144 (HY000) at line 1: Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
`----

I tried to repair the tables like this:

,----
> [...]
| mythconverg.music_stats                            OK
| mythconverg.mythlog                                OK
| mythconverg.mythweb_sessions                       OK
| mythconverg.networkiconmap                         OK
| mythconverg.newssites                              OK
| mythconverg.oldfind                                OK
| mythconverg.oldprogram                             OK
| mythconverg.oldrecorded                            OK
| mythconverg.people                                 OK
| mythconverg.pidcache                               OK
| mythconverg.playgroup                              OK
| mythconverg.powerpriority                          OK
| mythconverg.profilegroups                          OK
| mythconverg.program                                OK
| mythconverg.programgenres                          OK
| mythconverg.programrating                          OK
| mythconverg.recgrouppassword                       OK
| mythconverg.record                                 OK
| mythconverg.record_tmp                             OK
| mythconverg.recorded                               OK
| mythconverg.recordedcredits                        OK
| mythconverg.recordedfile                           OK
| mythconverg.recordedmarkup                         OK
| mythconverg.recordedprogram                        OK
| mythconverg.recordedrating                         OK
|
| mythconverg.recordedseek
| warning  : Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed
| warning  : Size of indexfile is: 104750080      Should be: 1024
| error    : Record-count is not ok; is 3277130   Should be: 0
| warning  : Found 3277130 key parts. Should be: 0
| error    : Corrupt
| mythconverg.recordingprofiles                      OK
| mythconverg.recordmatch                            OK
| mythconverg.romdb                                  OK
| mythconverg.schemalock                             OK
| mythconverg.settings                               OK
| mythconverg.storagegroup                           OK
| mythconverg.tvchain                                OK
| mythconverg.tvosdmenu                              OK
| mythconverg.upnpmedia                              OK
| mythconverg.videocast                              OK
| mythconverg.videocategory                          OK
| mythconverg.videocountry                           OK
| mythconverg.videogenre                             OK
| mythconverg.videometadata                          OK
| mythconverg.videometadatacast                      OK
| mythconverg.videometadatacountry                   OK
| mythconverg.videometadatagenre                     OK
| mythconverg.videosource                            OK
| mythconverg.videotypes                             OK
| mythconverg.weatherdatalayout                      OK
| mythconverg.weatherscreens                         OK
| mythconverg.weathersourcesettings                  OK
| mythconverg.websites                               OK

`----

The mysqlckeck command gets stuck here and shows no further reaction.
Any idea how to fix this?

I know this is more an mySQL question than a mythtv question but if I
get a hint how to "reset" this specific table, I dont't mind very much
losing its data ....

optimize_mythdb.pl gets some errors too, I don't know if they are of any
relevance ...

,----
| mythtv at ceramic:~$ /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
| DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Got error 28 from storage engine at /usr/share/perl5/MythTV.pm line 875.
| DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_array failed: fetch() without execute() at /usr/share/perl5/MythTV.pm line 876.
| Repaired/Optimized: `mythconverg`.`archiveitems`
| Analyzed: `mythconverg`.`archiveitems`
| Repaired/Optimized: `mythconverg`.`callsignnetworkmap`
| Analyzed: `mythconverg`.`callsignnetworkmap`
| Repaired/Optimized: `mythconverg`.`capturecard`
|
| [...]
`----

Thanks,

Sebastian