[mythtv-users] MythTV on Android

Timothy Krantz tkrantz at stahurabrenner.com
Sat Sep 8 13:04:43 UTC 2012

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Frey
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 10:30 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV on Android

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>

On 12-09-06 09:03 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> Unfortunately, Mythtv is very data intensive.

All the more reason to defer loading of data which could potentially
never be used.  Or load in the background.  If all I want to do when I
start up is watch a recording, why do I need to wait for guide data to
finish loading when that could happen in the background?  Certainly
anything needing the data would need a "please wait..." activated.

> Can you send me the stacktrace you are seeing when you received the NPE?

I don't always get the NPE.  I do always get a "Unfortunately, MythTV
for Android has stopped" every time I try to play a recording.

Do the backend errors I pasted in my previous message bear any relation?

If I do get the NPE, how do I get a/the stacktrace?

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org

I just upgraded my backend to .26.  I am not getting the NPE, but video is
definitely not playing.

port 6544 shows the video is transcoding, but immediately get this in the

Sep  7 22:24:49 mythcenter mythlogserver: mythbackend[4651]: E HttpServer92
servicehost.cpp:134 (Invoke) MethodInfo::Invoke - An Exception Occurred:
GetFile - FileName missing.
Sep  7 22:24:49 mythcenter mythlogserver: mythbackend[4651]: E HttpServer92
servicehost.cpp:405 (ProcessRequest) GetFile - FileName missing.

The app seems to be starting and stopping the stream ok.  Not sure why i
isn't getting the video from the backend.
My  <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey> Google Profile

I am running .26 and mythtv for andoid both compiled from latest source.
I do get video to play but I also seem to recall seeing the symptoms you are
I *think* I "avoided" the behaviour by changing my backend compile
Here is what I am using now:
  ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir-name=lib64 --disable-distcc
--disable-audio-pulseoutput --enable-libx264 --enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libfaac --enable-libxvid --enable-nonfree --enable-libvpx
--enable-sdl --disable-crystalhd
Not sure if that will help you at all.
And again, I am not able to play on .26 with the bs player free.