[mythtv-users] MythTV on Android

Scott and Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Thu Sep 6 15:36:50 UTC 2012

> >> New version is in the github downloads link. See my next post for updated
> >> features.
> >>
> >> https://github.com/MythTV-Android/mythtv-for-android/downloads
>
> >-- snip --
>
> >It also takes a long time (again, on the order of minutes) to start a
> >recording playback. Oh. and it didn't actually play it. It just
> >popped up a "Unfortunately, MythTV for Android has stopped." dialog.
> >:-(
>
> >Clicking OK on it takes me back to the list of episodes of the title I
> >was trying to watch. And trying to select another program yields a
> >java.lang.NPE.
>
> >-- snip --
>
> I too, have never actually been able to play a recording with this app
> using my Galaxy Nexus. It loads everything else (guide, recording
> lists, etc) fine, however, when I click a recording to play it goes to
> "retrieving recording" (or something like that) with a spinning circle.
> This continues for several minutes before I finally give up and close
> out. This is even with a (relatively) small 30 minute SD recording.

> What player are you using?
>
> The native one seems to have issues. We have tried a few, but BS
> Player Free seems to work the best with our testing.
>
> --

I have Mobo and BS installed on my Nexus.  I never actually get anywhere that lets me specify a player (I am expecting to see the typical "how do you want to play this always \ just once" dialog that an app would typically generate.  I don't see anywhere in the settings that allows a default player to be specified either.