[mythtv-users] No VAAPI profile in 0.25-fixes

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 10:49:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 08/25/2012 09:11 PM, Igor Cicimov wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've VAAPI libraries installed (Splitted Desktop ones) and vainfo shows
>> the following:
>>
>> libva: libva version 0.32.0
>> libva: User requested driver 'xvba'
>> libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/xvba_drv_**video.so
>> libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
>> vainfo: VA API version: 0.32
>> vainfo: Driver version: Splitted-Desktop Systems XvBA backend for VA-API
>> - 0.8.0
>> vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
>>       VAProfileH264High                :    VAEntrypointVLD
>>       VAProfileVC1Advanced         :    VAEntrypointVLD
>>
>> still when trying to create VAAPI playback profile I don't get the "VAAPI
>> acceleration" decoder option. This is combined Mythbuntu 10.04 BE/FE with
>> Radeon HD6570 and OpenGL painter. I have this working great on remote FE
>> with Radeon HD6410 and OpenGL and same drivers from Splitted Desktop. The
>> only difference is that this one is Mythfrontend on Ubuntu 12.04.
>>
>> Any reason why would MythTV not recognize/show vaapi options? Any
>> troubleshooting pointers would be appreciated.
>>

> mythbackend --version
>
> Mike

 $ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.25.2-16-gd519276
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120506-1
QT Version : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd
using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit
using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_v4l1 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg using_libxml2

hmmm I can't see using_vaapi if that is the point.