[mythtv-users] BBC HD sat mux transport parameter change...

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Sep 6 08:01:48 UTC 2012

On 6 Sep 2012, at 08:54, Andy Sheen wrote:

> John Pilkington wrote on Thu 06 Sep at 8:37 UK time
>
>> Looks useful.  My post was really to suggest that using the Transport
>> editor might avoid the need to write directly to the DB, but you might
>> not need to set those params anyway.  Just deleting satellite channels
>> and rescanning known transports might do the update; if not you might be
>> able to set to 'auto' and rescan.  Or maybe not...
>
> My (limited as I've only needed to do it once or twice) is that once you
> start messing with tuning parameters, you can really mess things up (and
> yes, I know that this is the case with changing the database, but I'm
> quite comfortable with that).
>
> The transport editor just shows a blank screen here with "Transport
> Options" as the heading

I believe the transport editor has been partially broken for DVBS2 capable cards for several MythTV versions.
As it's due for replacement fairly soon there hasn't been much interest in fixing it.

I've had to mess with DB transport parameters before, when Ch4HD was 8psk I found I could tune Ch4HD or BBC HD but not both without manual tweaks. Now I've discovered that provided I do my scans using the Nova HD-S2 rather than the Satix S2 I don't get any problems. Maybe there will be problems again when BBC go to 8psk?

Andre