[mythtv-users] Anyone using VNC on CentOS 6?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Sep 5 22:02:50 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-05 3:27 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> His system is serving as a dedicated, and potentially headless,
> backend. He periodically runs mythfrontend on a remote X server for
> maintenance duties. Just because MythTV is being used as a backend
> doesn't mean those other applications don't exist and can't be used.

I explained this too him offline and have taken the conversation there to maybe try and help him get X working.

Really, it's a matter of just setting up /etc/gdm/custom.conf for XDMCP sessions (although I was much happier with the older gdm's config util in CentOS 5 -- where a bunch of the parms haven't made it up to the version of gdm in CentOS 6. Booooo (unless someone would  like to correct me, I'd be so happy)) or just using an SSH session to "export DISPLAY".

  -Ben