[mythtv-users] HushTechnologies Case - new motherboard/cpu advice for FE (quite specific)

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:38:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:23 AM, alessandro campobassi <
alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will see if my Asus GT430 fits, and if so, I'll simply add that to the
> case.
>
> Now,  I found the original invoice and the CPU installed is a AMD 64,
> 3200+ 2,0GHz.
> Should I simply keep that CPU, or try and add the best CPU for that
> socket I can find?
> The mobo can have only 4GB ram max, and that's what I have. For a FE,
> 4GB should be ok?

Alessandro, I imagine your current CPU will be fine if you can stuff a
VDPAU-capable card like the GT430 inside the case.  Your CPU has more oomph
than my Intel Atom + Nvidia ION and I can drive a 1080p display.  4GB RAM
is plenty as well.

I'm not sure what your boot media currently is, but a small cheap SSD would
go a long way to keeping things quiet and speedy.

/Brian/