[mythtv-users] Notes from upgrading to mythtv-0.26

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 16:41:21 UTC 2012

On 09/01/2012 10:24 AM, Monkey Pet wrote:

Thanks for reporting this.

> 0. mysql_tzinfo support, maybe point us at the docs, release notes, or
> wiki.  I had to hunt for the solution :)

This is the 4th bullet in the Special Instructions of the 0.26 release notes.
It was the 2nd 'til a few minutes ago. I points to a Wiki with details.

> 1. Launched mythtv-setup, DB backup failed.  However, I didn't get a screen
> telling me that the backup failed, unless it flashed by too quickly.  Maybe
> have a more obvious warning.

I just added a warning to run a backup *before* doing the upgrade, as the user
who will be doing it (which might be mythtv or $USER [or, gag, root].) Picking
the right user for the test is critical, as the backup program uses information
in the .mythtv directory of the user running it. Hope that makes sense.

> 2. When i clicked on the big db "upgrade" button, it remained highlighted
> during the upgrade process.  So users who are not paying attention to the
> terminal output might have thought it was stuck. It took over 5 mins for
> the upgrade to finish.

And the a new note after the one above mentions your experience. The conversion to
UTC requires changes to timestamps stored in the database. For example, starttime
and endtime in "recordedseek","recordedmarkup","recordedrating" and "recordedcredits.