[mythtv-users] Is it possible add delay to sound?

IsmoT ismot at telemail.fi
Wed Oct 31 21:39:55 UTC 2012

 >I used to have a similar issue to what you are describing. I had to keep
 >adjusting the sound synchronization. Then on a seemingly unrelated
issue I
 >came across this link:
 >
 >http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frame_display_timing
 >
 >My frontend was using usleep for its timing during playback but then I
got
 >the real time clock (RTC) device configured so Myth could run with it and
 >now the playback is fully synchronized.
 >
 >Hope it helps.
 >
 >-Marco

Thanks for a great link. I tried to setup RTC, but I get following error:

VSYNC: RTCVideoSync: Could not set RTC frequency, Inappropriate ioctl
for device.

No matter how I set permissions for /dev/rtc or what value I set for
max-user-freq.

It is not myth problem as I can see it on mplayer log too.

Anyone ideas how to fix this?