[mythtv-users] Myth radio stream

Alan groups4 at dancecrave.com
Wed Oct 31 20:30:23 UTC 2012

Hi All

I have finally upgraded by system to 0.26 (via mythbuntu) after being on
0.24 for absolutely ages and a brief (and unhappy) time on 0.25.

I am really interested in the "Radio stream" feature and have already
had this running for a few hours this weekend as background entertaining
guests. Its a brilliant addition - thanks to all involved :D The default
stations, di.fm and sky work fine..

I am trying to add a new station - Bassdrive:

I put "bassdrive.com" as the station,
http://www.bassdrive.com/v2/streams/BassDrive6.pls as the URL
and put my own text into the Channel and Genre. When I launch this it
briefly says
"retrieving play list" then "connected to stream" and then nothing
further happens.

Has anyone set up new stations yet? I'm wondering if I need to define
"station" somewhere.

Can someone point me to any docs on this feature?

MythTV Version : v0.26.0-28-ge3087dd
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2

PS I just had airplay working from my phone - mythtv really is brilliant!

cheers

Alan