[mythtv-users] libcec1 or libcec2

John reidjr at lineone.net
Tue Oct 30 15:07:58 UTC 2012

On 22/10/12 12:57, Daniel Frey wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I guess I didn't realize libcec2 was so new.
>
> I will back that version out.

Daniel,

My pulse-eight arrived this morning, plugged it in, TV could see it but
nothing from mythtv. I'm on ubuntu 12.04 and 0.26-fixes. So read the
wiki and followed it to your:

  http://themanfrey.blogspot.de/2012/09/enabling-libcec-on-mythbuntu-1204-with.html

Followed to the letter.

Still didn't work. After much fiddling around, reading pulse-eight, I
Reverted back to the ubuntu repo, which is still at
libcec1_1.6.1-2_i386.deb. And its up and running.

Perhaps you could add a note to your ( very useful) blog entry to not
stray into the ppa which is now libcec-2+ until myth is updated.

p.s. Anywhere I can get the last librec1 packages ??